We are very happy to announce the following new developments for APML.
NewsGator has just announced on their developer blogs that NewsGator Technologies Inc to support APML across its product range starting with FeedDemon, NetNewsWire and NewsGator Inbox
Further, The APML Workgroup is announcing:
- With NewsGator Technologies APML implementation, they now join:
- Cluztr.com (Clickstream Sharing),
- Dandelife.com (The Social Biography Network) and
- Particls.com (Attention Management Engine)
These are three companies that already support APML using Engagd.com APIs.
Engagd.com makes APML implementation quick and easy using a simple API— great for mash-ups all the way through to large-scale apps.
- There has been a new APML.org site launched - It's designed to make APML a little easier to understand.
- There is now a new APML public discussion group for the community.
- There have been a number of new additions to the APML Workgroup:
This follows previous successes of the APML Workgroup such as:
- Existing members of the Workgroup, including those from Faraday Media, Citizen Agency, Digg, Dow Jones and Compete.
- Bloglines (Owned by Ask.com/IAC) has previously announced that they are investigating APML support in their product.
- Open-source APML libraries available for all to use on Google Code.
- Great explanations of APML usage by Marjolein Hoekstra (Basics of Attention Profiling), Ben Metcalfe (Thoughts on Tom Morris on APML) and Elias Bizannes (What is APML and why would you want it). Follow the rest of the APML blog discussion on the CleverClogs Attention Profiling news radar.
Thanks and Acknowledgements
As usual, I would like to thank everyone involved in and around the APML Workgroup.
Particular thanks to the latest round of announcements must go to Chris Pirillo, Ben Metcalfe, Elias Bizannes, Daniela Barbosa, Ross Dawson and Marshall Kirkpatrick.
Also my personal thanks must go to Marjolein Hoekstra who has been instrumental in pushing things forward.
- Read/Write web have picked up the story
- Read the NewsGator/FeedDemon announcement on Nick Bradbury's blog
- IMified have announced support for APML in their FeedCrier product
- Cluztr is providing an APML TagCloud widget
- Daniela Barbosa from Dow Jones has written a great post about APML in the Enterprise
- Ross Dawson writes about the value of a standards based Attention world